Instagram drafts are a lifesaver.
So many times, I have something to post, but the timing wasn’t right (got to post when my audience is up & scrolling, right?), or I had to give myself some time out to think about posting or not posting.
However, at times, I will find myself overloaded with saved drafts, so much so that it becomes impossible to shuffle through them to find that cute cat picture I wanted to post last week.
But hey, you can always delete drafts on Instagram. It not only keeps your drafts section clean but also frees up precious storage space on your phone.
In this article, I am going to explain three simple methods to declutter your Instagram drafts section for posts, stories, and reels.
How to Delete Drafts On Instagram
If this is your first time trying to remove the saved drafts from your Instagram app and you don’t know how it works, the 3 step-by-step methods explained below can help you perform this task without much hassle.
Deleting Post Drafts
To delete your Instagram posts saved as drafts on the app, here is what you need to do:
1. Tap the “+” icon at the bottom and select the “Drafts” option on the screen next to the “Recents” tab.
2. Choose the “Manage” option.
3. Select “Edit” on the next screen.
4. Select the post from the drafts folder you wish to delete and hit “Done.”
5. On the pop-up menu at the bottom, tap “Discard posts” to remove the selected draft.
Deleting Reel Drafts
Instagram Reels have become quite the trend lately, but if you have saved way too many of them in the drafts section and want to remove some, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Hit the “+” icon at the bottom and choose “REEL” from the options.
2. Select the “Drafts” option at the bottom to reach your app’s reels saved as drafts.
3. Choose “Select” at the top-right corner of the screen and select the reel you want to remove.
4. Tap the “Discard” option to delete the selected reel draft from your app.
Deleting Story Draft
Here are the steps that will help you get rid of the story saved as a draft on your app:
1. Tap the “Your story” option at the top.
2. Select the screen next to the “Camera” icon. You will see “Drafts 1” written at the bottom of the screen.
3. On the next screen, tap “Select” in the upper-right corner and choose the story you want to remove.
4. Hit the “Delete” option at the bottom to remove the story saved as a draft on your app.
Can anyone on Instagram see my drafts?
No, all the saved drafts on your Instagram app are private to you; no one can access or see them except you.
Does uninstalling the app delete the drafts?
Yes, signing out of your Instagram account or uninstalling the app will delete the saved drafts on your app. The next time you install the app or log in to your account, you won’t find the saved drafts.
How many drafts can the Instagram app hold?
There is no such limit of drafts that the Instagram app can hold. However, saving too many drafts on the app can affect your overall experience on the application.
In this guide, I have taken you through some methods you can use to discard saved drafts on your Instagram account. I have covered all the methods you need to get rid of the reel, the story, and post drafts from your app.
Hopefully, this guide will help you declutter the drafts folder on your Instagram application, and you can decide on the drafts you want to keep and those that are of no use to you.
If you have any further questions, you can always ask in the comments section below.